Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Track of the Moment: Hold it Down by OCD: Moosh and Twist


            
           What does it take to be cool?  You can ask anyone I’ve interacted with, I sure as hell don’t know.  If I had to take a guess though I think Moosh & Twist (DeQuincy ‘Moosh’ McRae and Oliver ‘Twist’ Feighan) have what it takes. 
By almost anyone’s standards these two are pretty young.  They just graduated high school this time last year, but they have more mix tapes then you (unless you’ve released more then 3 mix tapes, then I apologize.)  At the same time though they don’t seem like the “ghetto kids” that every high school has.  When we saw them at the Roots Picnic they seemed more into having fun then "looking hard."  These guys spit really great rhymes that anyone could bob their head to, with a positive message that seems absent from a lot of rap these days.  Now I’m not saying all rap should be nice and positive, but in a genre that seems to be often very aggressive, and volatile it’s certainly a breath of fresh air. 
            This track is from their newest release, and was recommended to me by a good friend of mine. You can get all three of their mix tapes here for free, and I’d defiantly recommend you get them.  The beats have a great flow, their delivery stands out, and above all they really compliment each other, which is what it means to be in a group.  As I said before, I am certainly not cool, but when I put these guys on the speakers I feel a little bit cooler.  (Also they’re Philly born and bred (represent!))


No comments:

Post a Comment