Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Inaugural Frog Log Bog Blog Post

Welcome cybersurfers!

From here I will be bringing you the latest news, previews and reviews of all things guitar playing. So, let me start by telling you a little about myself. I am currently a Freshman enrolled at Drexel University (Go Dragons!). I have been listening to music all my life and have been playing guitar since the age of 10.

With this blog I hope to analze some famous guitar players such as Jimmy Page, Stevie Ray Vaughn and Jeff Beck (a few personal favorites) and also offer my opinion on new and upcoming artists. I will also post links to guitar lessons from around the web (if I ever figure out how to post links) and may even post a few myself (if I can ever figure out how the webcam on my laptop works).

One of my first segements, which should be up on Wendesday, will be called "Stars on a Log" For this segement we will take an in depth look at a particular artist, thier influences, and who they influenced. For the first one I thought we could take a look at Mick Ronson, a very great guitarist who played for legends such as David Bowie, Bob Dylan, Lou Reed, and Ian Hunter.

Another Segement that you will see by friday evening will be called "Tadpole Blog Day" In this segement I will voice my opinion of new guitarists on the scene. These artists will come from a variety of genres and styles. They will recieve a rating in "Frog Nods" from either one Frog Nod (croaked) to five Frog Nods (hopping)

Anyway thanks for reading (if you did read this) This is Captain Steve signing out

2 comments:

  1. I kept my promise and actually found AND read the first page of ur blog...
    -Aish (In case you forgot-my friend and I met you at the Thurs late night open mic show :P)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Im glad you found it.I wrote this article so long ago, the blog doesn't actually do any of these things anymore but its cool that you read it

    ReplyDelete