Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Happy Birthday Johnny Cash!



DISCLAIMER: I am but one man (or maybe I'm 2 smaller men in a trench coat trying to pass as one taller man). Either way there is probably a good chance I will miss a lot of deserving artist's birthdays. I'll do my best, but I'm sure some will, unfortunately, be overlooked...here is an artist that wasn't.

Johnny Cash is an artist, actor, bible scholar, musician but above all, in my opinion anyway, a songwriter. He was able to use his deep, seasoned voice to paint detailed pictures, and tell classic folk stories. His outlaw image clashed with his heavily Christian faith making the man himself as interesting as the music he created.

"The Man in Black" who was a friend of many artists, and an influence on so many more died in 2003, but the songs are still playing, and that train keeps a rollin'

No comments:

Post a Comment