Search This Blog

Friday, March 16, 2012

Track of the Moment- Voodoo by Ganglians


 Really Big Picture!

If you haven’t noticed by now spring is in the air, and here at FoaLiaB we’ve got spring fever (also I think my roommate literally has spring fever, coughing, headaches, bleary eyes, the works). Looking back at the music we reviewed, or at least what I reviewed, its apparent that sun and sand have been on everyone’s mind and for good reason. I mean come on, dogs are barking trees are blooming, the sun is shining, and pheromones are so thick in the air you can actually smell them. So it being the Friday before St. Pattys day I thought I would shoot another summertime anthem your way. This one comes from The Ganglians, a band that pushes their unique brand of summer psychedelica from what I imagine to be an alleyway in Sacramento. Todays track of the moment begs to be listened to out in the sun, the track is called Voodoo and although it has a light airy opening that is a bit mellow, the later part of the song is all jangle, all skipping, and all fun.

1 comment: