Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Mark’s Track of The Moment: Ride on Shooting Star by The Pillows


          
            I’m not the only one on the blog who is a fan of FLCL, and its music is no exception.  If you’ve never heard of the Pillows then you’re probably not from Japan.  These guys have put out 18 studio albums since they started off in the late 80’s.  This is the track that plays at during the credits of FLCL, and the opening link is a fantastic punctuation mark for the show. 
The song itself is a pretty basic 2-minute pop rock jam…except in Japanese.  I was thinking of putting up the translation on the post, but I’m not sure if something was lost in translation because the translation made no sense to me.  Quite frankly I never really cared much if I can’t understand the lyrics.  No matter what language you speak you can still bob your head to this jam.  If you already knew this song from FLCL defiantly check out these guy’s other stuff.  You might just find your new favorite Japanese alternative rock band.


No comments:

Post a Comment