Search This Blog

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Track of the Moment: Seconds by Ghost Loft


            
           One of the coolest things about discovering something completely new is it makes you want to try some other similar music.  Ghost Loft is not my ordinary pick, but my stumbling around on various music sites brought the two of us together.  Hopefully I get a few more jewels like this next time I’m out.  
            Very minimal, very eerie, very catchy, these guys are a minimal electronic act that have a lot going for them.  The song itself is pretty sparse leaving the listener a lot of room to enjoy the little nuances the songs have to offer.  It's a bit repetitive, which can be a strength or a weakness depending on the listener.  For me it was a strength because it helped move the track into a comfortable funk you can just kind of sway to.
            I would also say this tracks a grower.  My first listen didn’t really do it for me, but after putting the needle back on a few times I really started to get it.  I wouldn’t say these guys are perfect.  However, considering these are the first few singles from these guys I am expecting some good things in the not so distant future. 
            Speaking of singles their Soundcloud has their 3 singles as well as 2 remixes you should check out.  Also you can visit their website and bandcamp, but wipe your feet first.  Hopefully we hear some more from these guys soon.



Imma let you finish, but Mark comes up with the best pitches for The Blog's Facebook Page.  Compulsively visit it because...it’s Facebook, what else are you going to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment