Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Track of the Moment Sermon by Ed Schrader’s Music Beat


            If you aren’t going to be playing much music, or are going to be very repetitive in your songs then you are going to need something else to back it up.  In the case of Ed Schrader and Devlin Rice’s terrifying “paranoid pop” project “Ed Schrader’s Music Beat” what they have is energy (like no more reliance on fossil fuels amount of energy.)  The band is Schrader on the floor drum and Rice on the bass, so I wasn’t kidding about not too much music being played. 
            Me and a few other guys saw these two open up for YACHT.  I remember from the first frightening note of “Rats” I realized I needed to find these guy’s record.  However, for about a year I was unable to find a record.  On a whim today I looked them up, and realized I missed their record drop by a few months.  Better late then never I guess.
            They played basically all the songs at the show, but to get the full effect you have to imagine these songs being yelled down at you (yes specifically you) from the stage of a dimly lit church basement.  Between Schrader mercilessly screaming into the microphone and Rice turning his bass’ reverb to “all the reverb” it makes for a harrowing experience. 
            All the songs are basically less then two minutes long, so comparing them to a tornado implies that tornados last much shorter then they do, but I can’t think of anything else.  Well I figure I shouldn’t write more then the length of the song, so…here you go.  You can check them out on their facebook, blog, and get the album on their bandcamp.



If this is your type of crazy music then like us on facebook.  If it's not still do! We have all different types of crazy so one of them is bound to be to your liking 

No comments:

Post a Comment