Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Track of the Moment: MoPark by Salsa Shark


The trick to finding good music is to always be open. At a film shoot recently someone I met mentioned a band she knew. I looked them up a few days later, and was more then pleasantly surprised at what I heard. I would consider Steve to be more of an expert on “Jam bands” then me, but I’m more of an expert on “what Mark likes” then he is, so I feel like I have the authority to blog on the subject.
Salsa Sharks consider themselves a psychedelic, experimental, progressive, funk, jam band, and right now the evidence is in their favor. The band has a lot of variety even within individual songs. For instance MoPark begins with a punchy funk riff, and changes into a more ska beat without loosing it’s initial beat, finally breaking down into a dirty bluesy break. This approach to song writing where you let the music kind of go where it wants it reminiscent of some of the bands they say influenced them like Phish, Rush and Disco Biscuit among others.
Now you may have noticed I didn’t add a youtube video…sorry I can’t find one/it doesn’t exist. The good news is you can stream and/or download the track for free on their Facebook or Reverbnation page. While you’re there you can check out some of the places they’ll be going because you can never really fully experience a jam band until you see them live.

Check out the blog on the Facebook to get updates, and see the newest articles 

No comments:

Post a Comment