Search This Blog

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Track of the Moment: Romance by Wild Flag

This is a track I’ve been meaning to put up for a while now, but it’s been queued up behind some of the other tracks (and you know I love each and every one of my tracks equally.) But it has certainly been worth the wait.

Wild Flag is an appropriate name for this band because these guys shamelessly brandish their type of hard hitting post-punk indie rock like someone frantically waving some kind of giant flag. And I don’t know about you, but I’m on board. (To both the music and the idea of waving giant flags)

This female four piece has everything going for it: driving drums, catchy bass riff and down and dirty guitar parts then when mixed together give you something totally new and fantastic. Not to undersell the vocals these girls contribute to the song, which make you really believe the lyrics in this punchy little punk love song.

Listen, jam, dance whatever with the security of knowing there’s more where this came from. Their self titled dropped this September, and if my prayers hold any weight then there will be more albums coming and soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment